1. Daniel J, Pradhan C, Ziaee H, Pynsent PB, McMinn DJW. Results of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing at 12 to 15 years. Bone Joint J 2014; 96-B:1298–1306.
2. Van Der Straeten C, Van Quickenborne D, De Roest B, Calistri A, Victor J, De Smet K. Metal ion levels from well-functioning Birmingham Hip Resurfacings decline significantly at ten years. Bone Joint 2013; 95-B:1332–8.
3. Treacy RBM, C. W.; Shears, E.; Pynsent, P. B. Birmingham hip resurfacing: a minimum follow-up of ten years. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Jan 2011; 93(1):27-33.
4. Reito A, Puolakka T, Elo P, Pajamaki J, Eskelinen A. Outcome of Birmingham hip resurfacing at ten years: role of routine whole blood metal ion measurements in screening for pseudotumours. Int Orthop. Nov 2014; 38(11):2251-2257.
5. Coulter GY, D. A.; Dalziel, R. E.; Shimmin, A. J. Birmingham hip resurfacing at a mean of ten years: results from an independent centre. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Mar 2012; 94(3):315-321.
6. Matharu GS, McBryde CW, Pynsent WB, Pynsent PB, Treacy RB. The outcome of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in patients aged < 50 years up to 14 years post-operatively. The Bone & Joint Journal. Sep 2013; 95-B(9):1172-1177.
7. Holland JP, Langton DJ, Hashmi M. Ten-year clinical, radiological and metal ion analysis of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing: from a single, non-designer surgeon. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Apr 2012; 94(4):471-476.
8. McMinn DJD, J.; Ziaee, H.; Pradhan, C. Indications and results of hip resurfacing. Int Orthop. Feb 2011; 35(2):231-237.
9. McMinn DJD, J.; Ziaee, H.; Pradhan, C. Results of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing dysplasia component in severe acetabular insufficiency: a six- to 9.6-year follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Jun 2008; 90(6):715-723.
10. Aulakh TSR, C.; Kuiper, J. H.; Richardson, J. B. Hip resurfacing and osteonecrosis: results from an independent hip resurfacing register. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery. Jul 2010; 130(7):841-845.
11. Carrothers ADG, R. E.; Jaiswal, A.; Richardson, J. B. Birmingham hip resurfacing: the prevalence of failure. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Oct 2010; 92(10):1344-1350.
12. Madhu TSA, M. R.; Raman, R. N.; Sharma, H. K.; Johnson, V. G. The Birmingham hip resurfacing prosthesis: an independent single surgeon's experience at 7-year follow-up. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Jan 2011; 26(1):1-8.
13. Pollard TCB, R. P.; Eastaugh-Waring, S. J.; Bannister, G. C. Treatment of the young active patient with osteoarthritis of the hip. A five- to seven-year comparison of hybrid total hip arthroplasty and metal-on-metal resurfacing. J Bone Joint Surg Br. May 2006; 88(5):592-600.
14. Revell MPM, C. W.; Bhatnagar, S.; Pynsent, P. B.; Treacy, R. B. Metal-on-metal hip resurfacing in osteonecrosis of the femoral head. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American volume. Nov 2006; 88 Suppl 3:98-103.
15. Pailhe R, Reina N, Cavaignac E, et al. Prospective study comparing functional outcomes and revision rates between hip resurfacing and total hip arthroplasty: preliminary results for 2 years. Orthop Rev (Pavia). 2013; 5(3):e20.
16. Khan MK, J. H.; Edwards, D.; Robinson, E.; Richardson, J. B. Birmingham hip arthroplasty: five to eight years of prospective multicenter results. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Oct 2009; 24(7):1044-1050.
17. Heilpern GNS, N. N.; Fordyce, M. J. Birmingham hip resurfacing arthroplasty: a series of 110 consecutive hips with a minimum five-year clinical and radiological follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Sep 2008; 90(9):1137-1142.
18. Nishii TS, N.; Miki, H.; Takao, M.; Koyama, T.; Yoshikawa, H. Five-year results of metal-on-metal resurfacing arthroplasty in Asian patients. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Feb 2007; 22(2):176-183.
19. Patel NK, Wright J, Sabharwal S, Afsharpad A, Bajekal R. Hip resurfacing arthroplasty at a non-specialist centre. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Jan 2014; 96(1):67-72.
20. Hing CBB, D. L.; Bailey, M.; Young, D. A.; Dalziel, R. E.; Shimmin, A. J. The results of primary Birmingham Hip resurfacings at a mean of five years. An independent prospective review of the first 230 hips. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Nov 2007;89(11):1431-1438.
21. McBryde CWS, E.; O'Hara, J. N.; Pynsent, P. B. Metal-on-metal hip resurfacing in developmental dysplasia: a case-control study. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Jun 2008; 90(6):708-714.
22. Steffen RTP, H. P.; Palan, J.; Beard, D. J.; Gundle, R.; McLardy-Smith, P.; Murray, D. W.; Gill, H. S. The five-year results of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing arthroplasty: an independent series. J Bone Joint Surg Br. Apr 2008;90(4):436-441.
23. Su EP, Housman LR, Masonis JL, Noble JW, Jr., Engh CA. Five Year Results of the First US FDA-Approved Hip Resurfacing Device. The Journal of arthroplasty. Mar 28 2014.
24. McBryde CWT, K.; Thomas, A. M.; Treacy, R. B.; Pynsent, P. B. The influence of head size and sex on the outcome of Birmingham hip resurfacing. The Journal of bone and joint surgery. American volume. Jan 2010;92(1):105-112.
25. Bisschop R, Boomsma MF, Van Raay JJ, Tiebosch AT, Maas M, Gerritsma CL. High prevalence of pseudotumors in patients with a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing prosthesis: a prospective cohort study of one hundred and twenty-nine patients. The Journal of bone and joint surgery. American volume. Sep 4 2013;95(17):1554-1560.
26. Witzleb WCA, M.; Krummenauer, F.; Knecht, A.; Ranisch, H.; Gunther, K. P. Birmingham Hip Resurfacing arthroplasty: short-term clinical and radiographic outcome. European Journal of Medical Research. Jan 23 2008;13(1):39-46.
27. Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry. Annual Report. Adelaide:AOA; 2015.
28. National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. 12th Annual Report, 2015; Accessed from: http://www.njrreports.org.uk/.